Mission, Goals, and Strategies
ASMC’s mission is to promote sales and marketing agencies as the preferred method for manufacturers to come to market; to be the national voice of the sales agency community; to advocate on behalf of sales agency interests; and to enhance relationships among manufacturers, agencies, customers, and other key stakeholders in the food industry.
The goals are to foster ASMC member agencies with professional management; long-term client/customer relationships; equitable compensation for services performed; and who are open to share and participate with fellow members to promote ASMC credibility and growth. ASMC will operate in a cost-effective manner consistent with revenues from member dues and other sources.
The mission will be accomplished by executing these strategies:
- Establish ongoing relationships with manufacturers, customers, and industry associations to accomplish the following:
- Promote the value that sales agencies deliver;
- Promote fair and ethical business relationships;
- Seek methods to improve business processes;
- Promote industry standards that increase efficiencies in the sales and marketing of safe, high-quality products through a cost-effective distribution system in an equitable manner.
- Develop, produce, and present materials that support and encourage membership and involvement in ASMC and that elevate the agency’s position within the marketplace.
- Provide a forum for productive dialogue among ASMC members and key constituents by partnering with agency groups, task forces, and committees.
- Promote the highest levels of performance among ASMC members in order to develop and promote criteria that define a high-performance agency as results-oriented, profitable, and professionally managed to ensure long-term relationships.
- Promote industry standards and best practices in technology and business processes that help members increase net revenue through effective cost management. This requires working with technology vendors, electronic order exchanges, and others to seek methods to reduce redundant reporting systems and to ensure that agency interests are considered.
- Promote research to support the continued professional development of ASMC member agencies in order that they are properly compensated for the important services that they provide in the flow of goods in the food industry. This requires collaborating with the ASMC Foundation and consulting and strategy firms to produce fact-based research that advances agency interests and supports solid decisions in resource allocation.